The Central Research Laboratories was established in August, 2008. The aim of its establishment is to provide functional, well maintained, cost intensive, state of the art equipment for researchers in science based disciplines.
It is to be noted that the CRL building houses the following units/ centers: African Herbal Research center, Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory, Cancer Research Laboratory, HLA/HBV Research Laboratory, Biotechnology unit, Lab to product and Renew energy Center Other facilities include an ultramodern animal house, a reading room/Library, conference room for up to 30 persons (with facilities for tea and coffee break). The former directors of the establishment include; Prof. M. A. Akanji (2008-2011), Prof. O. Atteh (2011-2014), Prof. D. S. Ogunniyi (2014-2016), Prof. (Mrs.) A. T. Oladiji (2016-2018). Prof M.T Yakubu (2018 -2021) The establishment is currently headed by Prof. Naseer Abdulsallam of the department of Chemistry, University of Ilorin and has about 20 staff which includes technical staff and administrative officers.
Vision: To be a world class facility supporting high quality research for national development.
Mission: To provide research facilities that will support cutting edge research and innovation thereby contributing to making University of Ilorin a world class university
We are into research laboratories activities
BRIEF OF PAST AND PRESENT DIRECTORS
1. Prof M.A Akanji , was the pioneer director of Central Research Laboratories, he served between 2008-2011, he is a professor of Biochemistry
2. Prof .O. Atteh served as the Director of Central Research Laboratories between 2011-2014, he is Professor of Agriculture
3. Prof D.S Ogunniyi, served as the Director of Central Research Laboratories between 2014-2016, he was also the pioneer Director of Unilorin waters, he is a Professor of Chemical Engineering
4. Prof. A.T OLadiji, served as the Director of Central Research Laboratories between 2016-2018, she is the first female director of the center and she was the former director of CREDIT unit and currently the Dean Faculty of Life Science, she is a Professor of Biochemistry.
5.Prof M.T. Yakubu. He served between 2018-2021, he is also a Professor of Biochemistry and a Fellow of the academic of science
6. Professor Naseer Abdulsalam, He is currently the Director of Central Research Laboratories also doubled as the Chief IMAM of University of Ilorin, He is a Professor of Chemistry
CENTRAL RESEARCH LABORATORIES TECHNICAL STAFF
|1.Mr. OGEDENGBE Ahmad||SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST|
|2.Engr. SANUSI, Muhammed||SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST|
|3.Mrs. ABDULKAREEM, Hamdalat.O||SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST|
|4.Dr. DANIEL, Oreoluwa.M||SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST|
|5.Mrs. MOHAMMED, Fatimah.A||SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST|
|6.Mr. OLONYA, Emmanuel.A||TECHNOLOGIST 1|
|7.Mr. Ayinla Lukman||TECHNOLOGIST 1|
|8.Mr. MUSA, Elijah.T||TECHNOLOGIST 1|
|9.Mrs. Faruq Aishatu||TECHNOLOGIST 1|
PICTURES OF PAST DIRECTORS