The Institute of Education, University of Ilorin, started as a Department of Continuing Education and Extension Services on March, 1, 1980. The department was later restructured and got autonomous status on March 1, 1981. The Institute is primarily concerned with in-service and extra-mural programmes. Over the years, however, the Institute has widened its scope to cover other service areas.
Professor Nike Yetunde Sidiqat Ijaiya
Profile of the Director
The Director, Professor Nike Yetunde Sidiqat Ijaiya, is a Professor of Educational Management. She was appointed the Director of the Institute of Education in 2010 and assumed duty on 25th October, 2010 as the 10th Director of the Institute.
Professor Ijaiya was born on 22nd February, 1950 at Offa in Kwara State. She attended Offa Grammar School, Offa from 1965 to 1969, Queen Elizabeth School, Ilorin from 1970 – 1971 for her Secondary School and Higher School Certificate education respectively. For her Master and Ph.D degrees, she attended University College, Cardiff, United Kingdom (now Cardiff University) between 1983 –1984 and 1986 to 1988 respectively.
- Dr. L. A. Yahaya Counsellor Education
- Dr. C. O. Olumorin Science Education
- Dr. A. Yusuf Arts and Social Sciences Education
- Dr. R.W. Okunloye Social Studies
- Dr. U. A. Ajidagba Project Coordinator
- Dr O. A. Onifade Human Kinetics
- Dr. Y. A. Fasasi Educational Management
- Mr. A. G. Folayan Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme (PGDE) and Diploma