The Institute of Education, University of Ilorin, started as a Department of Continuing Education and Extension Services on March, 1, 1980. The department was later restructured and got autonomous status on March 1, 1981. The Institute is primarily concerned with in-service and extra-mural programmes. Over the years, however, the Institute has widened its scope to cover other service areas.
Professor Adedayo Yusuf Abdulkareem
The Director, Professor Adedayo Yusuf Abdulkareem is a Professor of Educational Management. He was appointed as the 11th Director of the Institute and assumed duty on 6th November, 2013.
- Dr. L. A. Yahaya Counsellor Education
- Dr. C. O. Olumorin Science Education
- Dr. A. Yusuf Arts and Social Sciences Education
- Dr. R.W. Okunloye Social Studies
- Dr. U. A. Ajidagba Project Coordinator
- Dr O. A. Onifade Human Kinetics
- Dr. Y. A. Fasasi Educational Management
- Mr. A. G. Folayan Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme (PGDE) and Diploma