Applications are invited from qualified candidates for a sabbatical position tenable at University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria as follows:
Applicants must be experienced academic scholar of not less than Senior Lecturer or equivalent with good written and oral communication in English and must be ICT compliant.
2. Core Functions might include any of:
- Conducting research and publishing reports.
- Preparation of research proposals for funding and contribution to the general development of research capacity in the University.
- Supervision of postgraduate students.
- Limited teaching in undergraduates, short time courses and postgraduate programmes.
- Establishing networks and linkages with other national and international research institutions and funding organizations.
If the application is successful, the applicant will enjoy
For Professor : $19,803 (
For other categories: $14,656 (
· Subsidized accommodation
· Return ticket to and from Ilorin to his/her Country.
· Access to the University Services and facilities.
· Expatriate Supplementation.
B. Method of Application
It is required that applicants submit at least a five – page proposal and a one – year plan on how he/she intends to undertake the research and publish his/her works in the chosen area.
All application must be made electronically. Click here to download the application form www.unilorin.edu.ng/CIE_website/sabatical.htm
The following must be attached with the form:
i. A letter of interest
ii. A copy of Curriculum Vitae University of Ilorin format.
iii. Evidence that the applicant is a staff of a Higher Institution.
C. Deadline for Submission of Application
15th September of every year
Application should be forwarded to:
Centre for International Education
University of Ilorin
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +2348054469959
|| Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Copyright © 2010 CIE UNILORIN. All Rights Reserved.|